The ZBA meets the fourth Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. at the Township office.
The ZBA hears and decides all zoning ordinance appeals. It may grant variances from the strict letter of the zoning ordinance if practical difficulty or unnecessary hardship would result in conforming with the ordinance, provided the spirit of the ordinance is observed, public safety secured, and substantial justice done. The hardship should not be self-created and some unique circumstances involving the property in question should be evident to support a variance.
An appeal may be filed by any individual aggrieved or by an officer, department, board or bureau of the township, county or state. The reasons for any ZBA decision shall be stated in full and made a part of the meeting records.
The proper use of a zoning board of appeals within the limits of its jurisdiction can prevent a zoning ordinance from becoming a rigid or unjust document.
Zoning Board of Appeals members are: David Weishaar – Chair; Ed Stielstra – Secretary; Jim Johnson – Vice Chair; Casey Kimes; Richard Swanson; and Marcia Perry.
Forms and Applications
Meetings and Minutes
Meetings and Minutes
- January 23 – Meeting Cancellation
- January 24 – Agenda / Minutes
- February 28 – Agenda / Minutes
- March 28 – Legal Notice Public Hearings / Agenda / Minutes
- April 25 – Meeting Cancellation
- May 23 – Meeting Cancellation
- June 27 – Legal Notice / Agenda / Minutes
- July 25 – Agenda / Minutes
- August 22 – Legal Notice / Agenda / Minutes
- September 26 – Legal Notice / Agenda / Minutes
- October 24 – Legal Notice / Agenda / Minutes
- November 28 – Meeting Cancellation
- January 25 – Agenda / Minutes
- March 22 – Agenda / Minutes
- April 26 – Agenda / Minutes
- May 24 – Agenda / Minutes
- June 28 – Agenda / Minutes
- July 26 – Meeting Cancellation
- August 23 – Meeting Cancellation
- September 27 – Meeting Cancellation
- October 25 – Meeting Cancellation
- July Agenda / July Minutes
- August Agenda / August Minutes
- September – Notice of Meeting Cancelation
- October Mtg. Cancellation / October Agenda / October Minutes
- November Agenda / Minutes