Laketown Township is fortunate to have seven parks, six owned by Laketown and one by the State (DNR). The Parks Commission is made up of five elected commissioners. It meets the third Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m. at the township hall.

Mission Statement: The Laketown Township Parks and Recreation Commission through its Board of Commissioners, staff, programs, services and facilities seeks to enhance the quality of life and the environment, to acquire, conserve and protect natural resources, and to provide quality leisure time opportunities for the benefit of the community.

Members of the Parks Commission: Tom Shuff – Chair, Karen Simmons – Vice Chair, Dick Becker, Jeremy Van Hoven and Anne Brand.

The Parks Commission is studying the future uses of the Huyser Farm House built in 1939. Jeremy Van Hoven is leading the committee.

Find a park with the Parks Map

Five-year master plan (2018)

Park Reservation Information

What type of events require a Park Use Permit?

A Park Permit is needed when one or more of the following criteria applies to your event or activity:

  • 20 or more people expected at the event or activity
  • live musical entertainment
  • fee collection on township property (donations, admissions, concession, or merchandise sales)
  • use of temporary structures or facilities, such as, tents, shade structures, stages, booths, amusement devices (such as, bounce house, dunking booth), etc.
  • the general public is invited or notified by the media
  • animals on display, for show, or for rides
  • hot air balloons or any apparatus for aviation ascent or descent into a park
  • any wedding held at a park location
  • use of the shelter or park is in a manner other than their specified recreational use

When do I need to submit my Park Use Application?

It is recommended that applications be submitted at least eight (8) weeks prior to your event. Applicants desiring to hold major events, especially those that are publicly advertised, should submit their application at least 90 days in advance, as a pre-event meeting with township staff may be required. Applications submitted less than 4 weeks in advance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

What if my event is an annual event? Will I get the same date and location every year?

Reservations can be made up to 364 days in advance and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Event planners may request the same date for the following year if they turn in a completed Park Use Application. Multiple events will not be allowed to be hosted on trails during the same day.

Can I have amplified sound at my event?

Amplified music is permitted, but must be kept to a reasonable level so as not to disturb the peace, quiet or comfort of the neighboring inhabitants. Amplified sound shall not exceed the distance of 100 feet from the building, structure or outdoor area in which the device is located.

Absolutely no profanity or profane lyrics are allowed in the selection of music that is played for the event. If such music is heard by park staff or if complaints are received from other park users, it will be grounds for shutting down the event and a prohibition on any future events by the sponsor.

Park Reservation Form

Meetings and Minutes